The Corporate Assistant will support the executive leadership team and be responsible for a broad range of administrative, analytical, and marketing duties.
Corporate Assistant Duties and Responsibilities
Job duties can vary widely from day to day. The expected responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for performing a variety of routine and complex clerical accounting functions including financial reporting
- Reconciles various accounts by identifying errors in posting or omissions by applying appropriate accounting standards
- Interpret data, analyze results using analytics, research methodologies, and statistical techniques
- Develop and implement data analyses, leverage data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Prepare, analyze, and summarize various weekly, monthly, and periodic operational results for use by various key stakeholders, creating reports, specifications, instructions, and flowcharts
- Conduct full lifecycle of analytics projects, including pulling, manipulating, and exporting data from project requirements documentation to design and execution
- Evaluate key performance indicators, provide ongoing reports, and recommend business plan updates
- Prepare communications such as memos, emails, invoices, reports, and other correspondences
- Write and edit documents that include, but are not limited to, letters, reports, and instructional documents
- Create and maintain filing systems, both electronic and physical
- Switchboard operations and use appropriate telephone etiquette
- Schedule appointments and Schedule/Coordinate meeting
- Maintain calendars, collect, collate and distribute mail
- Provide assistance as necessary in the production of proposals and RFPs/RFIs. Assist with the training and professional development of the department’s Proposal Specialist.
- Work with corporate leadership as necessary to design and develop themes, templates, and presentations for internal meetings, templates, presentations, and materials for external meetings, and other communications materials as may be needed by corporate leadership
- Write copy and lay out proposal/quote document as necessary, ensuring that final product is properly edited and proofread
The professional in this role must maintain a positive attitude and enjoy interacting with internal and external visitors. They must possess solid computer skills and knowledge of utilizing tools like Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
While a college degree is not required, they must display a high level of oral, reading, and written comprehension. Given the importance of this role, a professional demeanor must be maintained at all times.
This position requires someone who takes initiative and manages their time well to fulfill time-sensitive projects. The professional must be an active listener in order to comprehend required duties and quickly understand the best method for completing them. They must be organized, reliable, and have a keen attention to detail.
- Organizing and prioritizing
- Analytical thinking
- Excellent math and computing
- Excellent grammar skills are a must
- Advance Excel skills are a must
- Advance PowerPoint skills are a must
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Communication skills
- Relationship building